Vorstellung (SSE) The Care Taker auf Nexus

Dieses Thema im Forum "[Skyrim] Modveröffentlichungen (SSE)" wurde erstellt von Ehemaliger Benutzer 10376, 14. Juni 2017.

Schlagworte:
  1. zufällig bin ich bei Nexus über eine Neuveröffentlichung von Move it Dammit - for Skyrim Special Edition by E10X11 - Original Mod by Apogee777 gestolpert und über diesen Text:
    Attention: This mod is no longer being supported or updated.
    This mod has been uploaded by "The Care Taker". This account is run by Nexus Mods’ Community Development Lead, TerrorFox1234, for the purpose of hosting mods created by authors who are no longer active within the community or simply no longer wish to oversee their mods.
    I have kept the mod description as it was in its last state, except for the removal of dead links and redundant information, such as a pre-existing disclaimer about no longer being supported.

If you are a mod author and would like to make use of this service, you can find more details about The Care Taker HERE.
    Happy modding!

Es scheint, als würde Bewegung in die bislang offene Frage zur Handhabung der Umsetzung alter Mods bei "verschollenen" oder nicht mehr interessierten Modautoren kommen. Ich denke, es ist es wert, das hier zur Information und ggf. weiteren ähnlicher Aktione zu posten.

Das komplette Statement lautet:
    ---start copy---​
    TerrorFox1234
    Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Community Manager

Hey all,

I’ll try to keep this brief. I’d been working on an idea involving a special Nexus Mods account specifically used for hosting mods by authors that no longer wish to be active as a mod author, but still wanted their mods to be available to the community.

As it turns out, a former moderator already created an account, The Care Taker, with the same intent. I’ve taken over that account and will be using it for the purpose mentioned above.

Here are the details:
    • The service is entirely voluntary.
    • If you decide to opt-in, nothing changes for as long as you remain active. If you become inactive for more than one year OR if you announce your departure (either in a DM to me or through a public announcement), your mods will be transferred to The Care Taker and a disclaimer will be added to the mod description and sticky comments (disclaimer shown below)
    • To opt-in simply send a direct message to TerrorFox1234 defining which mod(s) are to be transferred and whether you want the transfer to happen immediately or not.
    • Nothing about the mod’s Nexus Page (permissions, description, images, credits, etc) will change.
    • If you change your mind before departing, simply send a message to TerrorFox1234 stating so (preferably in the same message chain as your original opt-in message).
    • If you decide to return to the modding community and want to retake control of your mods that is fine. Bear in mind that you will need to be able to prove that you are the original author. Your best bet, in this regard, is to contact me using the account that the mods were originally uploaded to. If you had your account removed you will need to fill out the unban request form and work with SirSalami on regaining access to your account.
    The disclaimer added to the description of mods hosted by The Care Taker reads as follows:

Attention: This mod is no longer being supported or updated.

This mod has been uploaded by "The Care Taker". This account is run by Nexus Mods’ Community Development Lead, TerrorFox1234, for the purpose of hosting mods created by authors who are no longer active within the community.

I have kept the mod description as it was in its last state, except for the removal of dead links and redundant information, such as disclaimers about the mod no longer being supported.

If you are a mod author and would like to make use of this service, you can find more details about The Care Taker HERE.

Happy modding!

---
    As mentioned this is entirely voluntary. A lot of you may be fine with simply leaving your mods up on your own accounts and putting your own “no longer supported” disclaimer on it. That is totally fine. This idea spawned after seeing a few MAs leave the community and pull their mods down simply because they didn’t want to leave them up unattended. After receiving permission from a couple of them to rehost their mods, I decided to move forward with the idea.
    The bottom line is that if you like the idea of the service, use it. If you don’t think it’s necessary, don’t use it. No big deal either way.

When you contact me about using this service feel free to include any other details or changes you think are important. I've had one MA ask me to transfer their mods as quietly as possible (no announcing that their mods are available again on other modding sites/chats). I had another tell me to switch their permissions to open source upon their departure, so that others may continue their work or make use of assets. You may have other stipulations you’d like to specify. If your request is within my ability and authority, it will be done.

Thanks for your consideration and I hope someone finds this helpful.

Regards,
    TF

Ladyfalk gefällt das.
  2. Werbung (Nur für Gäste)
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden